Savoury Bread And Butter Pudding
Our savoury bread and butter pudding is THE perfect breakfast or brunch idea. This tasty dish is a cross between a toasted cheese sandwich and a baked French toast – more importantly is that it is 100% delicious!
We’ve used Quorn Finely Sliced Ham Style Slices as our filling, nestled between slices of bread and covered in a savoury egg mix before cooking in the air fryer until golden.
Served with air fried vine tomatoes and mushrooms for a quick & easy brunch. This dish is also perfect for using up leftovers such as stale bread. You can also experiment with a combination of Quorn Sausages, Bacon and mushrooms too - it’s such a versatile dish!
- Vegan and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- Vegan And Vegetarian Traditional British Food
- Quick And Easy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
- Deli Food Recipes
16.8 g fat
- 60g Quorn Finely Sliced Ham Style Slices
- 3 slices seeded sliced bread from a 400g loaf
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 40g reduced fat mature cheddar cheese
- 3 medium eggs
- 100ml semi skimmed milk
- 6 mini portobello mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice)
- 170g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 40g watercress
- Handful of fresh chives
- 10 sprays of spray oil
- Spread each slice of bread with the English mustard then top two of the slices with the Quorn Finely Sliced Ham Style Slices. Grate the cheese then add on top of the ham, reserving a third to sprinkle over later.
- Sandwich the bread together to make two sandwiches then cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
- Beat the egg and milk in a large bowl then finely chop the chives and add then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease an oven proof dish that fits in your air fryer – you may need two smaller individual dishes depending on the size of your air fryer compartments.
- Place the sandwiches in the dish point side up then cover with the beaten egg mixture and leave to soak for a few minutes. Then sprinkle over your remaining cheese. This is your savoury bread and butter pudding.
- Put the savoury bread and butter pudding in the air fryer and spray with a little oil spray and cook at 180 degrees C for 10-15 minutes until the egg is cooked through and the pudding is golden.
- Place the mushrooms and tomatoes in the air fryer, spray with a little spray oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook at 180 degrees C for 5-10 minutes until cooked through and browned.
- Serve the eggy bread sandwiches with the roasted tomatoes and mushrooms, a handful of watercress and a sprinkling of fresh chives.
10 minutes cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.