Southwest Hotpot with Quorn Meat Free Pieces
0.2 out of 5, 1 based on 30 ratings
Southwest Hotpot with Quorn Meat Free Piece
Rustle up a little taste of America’s rich Southwest with this hunger-busting hotpot. Sweet potatoes, rice, salsa, kidney beans and stock cooked gently with Quorn Pieces and cayenne pepper joining the party, this will become a family favourite meal idea. Add a little fresh coriander and cheese to melt on top, and you’ll be more than ready to settle into your ranch for the night.
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 180g uncooked long grain rice, rinsed in cold water
- 200g tub salsa
- 150g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 400ml vegetable sock
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 100g Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- In a large pan, pour in the rice, salsa, sweet potatoes, kidney beans and stock. Mix well and cook over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, stirring frequently, and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer with the lid on the pan. Cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Quorn pieces and cayenne pepper, return to a gentle heat for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add seasoning to taste and run a fork through the mixture; the rice should be fluffy and the sweet potatoes tender. Stir through the chopped coriander. Sprinkle over the cheese and return the lid to the pot to allow it to melt. When ready to serve, sprinkle over the sliced spring onions.