Cheese and Onion Burgers
Looking for indulgent recipe inspiration for dinner tonight? This Quorn Mince Burger with cheese makes a tasty treat - add fresh rosemary and onions for extra flavour.
A Little Effort
- 175g frozen Quorn Meat Free Mince, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, made into crumbs
- 40g vintage cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegemite, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil, extra
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and rosemary and cook gently for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened, but not browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, place defrosted Quorn Mince, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, cream cheese, cooked onion and rosemary. Mix well to distribute cream cheese throughout the mixture.
- Add the vegemite, parsley, beaten egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Shape mixture into burgers (makes approximately 8 burgers).
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the burgers for 4 minutes on either side or until piping hot. Serve in burger buns with sliced tomato, lettuce red onion and chutney.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
These are lovely, I’ve modified the recipe slightly to make them chilli burgers. So tasty
At last I can have a burger that tastes divine. Fabulous recipe, can't wait to make one for my veggie granddaughter, bet her none vegie mom pinches one. lol Thanks
Really good indeed well impressed
4 stars before I taste them!!! Really enjoyed making these....
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.