Vegetarian Wellington with Quorn Mince
The perfect centrepiece for a festive meat-free feast! Our vegetarian Wellington enfolds Quorn Mince and rich mushrooms in flaky puff pastry for a delicious main course. Our take on the classic winter warmer, our vegetarian Wellington recipe is a flavourful update that's perfect for a vegetarian Christmas dinner - or any time you want to celebrate!
28 g of fat
- 350g Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 3g porcini mushrooms, finely chopped and added to the vegetable stock to rehydrate
- 200ml white wine
- 100ml single cream
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1x500g block ready to roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten to glaze the pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onions for 5 minutes until softened but not browned. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the vegetable stock, porcini mushrooms and white wine. Bring to the boil then simmer for around 5 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the cream and chilli flakes cook until the liquid has reduced by half again. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat
- Stir in the Quorn Mince, breadcrumb, egg and parsley
- Roll out the pastry into a rectangle shape to approximately half a centimetre thickness and carefully spoon the Quorn Mince into the centre of the pastry rectangle. Draw the furthest edge of the pastry over the mince mix towards you forming a tube and carry on gently rolling until the pastry completely covers the mince and it is possible to tuck the edge of the pastry underneath the roll. Fold the outer edges of the tubes inwards to seal the ends and then place on a greased baking tray. Brush generously with beaten egg and bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown
Serve Quorn's vegetarian Wellington with seasonal vegetables and a rich sauce such as sage and cider or madeira
The Mince filling can be made in advance and refrigerated until use
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This wellington was truly delicious. It worked very well whenever I made it. It looked good too, so it's good to serve at the table for special occasions. Everyone loved it and wanted it again.
A truly excellent centrepiece to grace any table. Everyone thought it looked fantastic and tasted delicious, meat eaters and veggies alike. Will definitely make this again.
Takes a while to create, but definitely worth it.
Really tasty and great option for Sunday lunch with roasted veggies etc.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review