- 350g Quorn Mince
- 50g peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 150g panko breadcrumbs (if not available normal breadcrumbs)
- 2eggs, beaten
- 150g plain flour
- Rougaille Sauce:
- 400g plum tomatoes (best quality you can find)
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 finger chillies/birds eye chillies
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- coriander/spring onion to garnish
- Quarter the potatoes and put into a small pan with boiling water, cook until tender and mash till smooth with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat 2 tbsp oil add in the onion, sauté until they have softened for about 3 minutes. Stir in the Quorn Mince, add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in the coriander, chilli powder, cumin and paprika. Stir the mince thoroughly before adding in the frozen peas and 50ml water. Cook on a low flame until the moisture has been absorbed then allow it to cool.
- Next add in the grated carrots, courgettes and the mashed potato. Mix well to combine.
- Make the kofta into even sized balls, place them in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- In the meantime make the rougaille sauce, in a pan add vegetable oil and saute the onions till softened.
- Next throw in the garlic, ginger, chilli, sugar and thyme leaves. Cook for 3 minutes. Add in the tomatoes, salt and pepper, simmer for 5 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Scatter over coriander leaves.
- To cook the kofta, in three small bowls, place the flour in one, eggs in another and breadcrumbs in the last. Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a non-stick pan, take one kofta ball, dip in the flour till coated, then the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs till covered completely. Gently fry the kofta until they are golden brown all over. Repeat this with the remaining balls.
- When you are ready to serve, simply sit them on the rougaille sauce, garnish with coriander and spring onion and serve immediately.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.