Quorn Pieces And Leek Vegetarian Pie
The famous meat-free Pieces and leek pie, Quorn style.
Our Vegetarian Chicken Pieces, leeks and garlic are topped with pastry and cooked until bubbling & golden for a delicious veggie pie that is perfect for those nights when only comfort food will do.
We've used a homemade pastry recipe with added Wensleydale, but you can use shop bought pastry to save time, or if you just don't fancy making your own! Whichever pastry you top your pie with, this tasty dish is hearty, wholesome and will be a hit with all the family.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Vegan And Vegetarian Traditional British Food
- Winter Comfort Food Recipes
- Pie & Pastry Recipes
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 150g plain flour, extra for dusting
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 50g butter, diced
- 75g Wensleydale cheese, grated
- 5-6 tbsp chilled water
- 40g butter
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 25g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 100ml water
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk, plus extra for glazing
- Preheat the oven 200°C/Gas mark 5. For a fan assisted oven reduce the temperature to 180°C
- For the pastry, mix the flour and mustard powder together. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Add the grated cheese and stir through
- Gradually add sufficient water to form a firm dough. Cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes
- For the filling, melt the butter and oil in a large saucepan. Add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat until softened but not coloured. Stir in the garlic and Quorn Pieces and continue to cook for 2 minutes
- Stir in the flour and mustard powder and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the stock and milk stirring until the sauce thickens. Season to taste. Spoon the Quorn mixture into a pie dish. Cover with cling film and cool
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to cover the top of the pie dish. Brush the pastry with a little milk to glaze
- Bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden brown
Serve with seasonal vegetables and new potatoes if liked
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Made this for Sunday lunch was really simple and tasty, will definitely be making more of the recipes on this site!
Well worth making
Really nice, easy recipe
This is a fab recipe, though I added mushrooms to the mix too. Well worth making with rough puff pastry.
Every time I look this recipe up I'm surprised that it only has 3 stars so I've decided to leave my own review (although reading through the 3 stars reviews they all seem to be positive). We have made this recipe multiple times, it's so quick and simple and tastes lovely - really works with the Quorn. No obscure ingredients either and I like that it uses milk not cream - but still has a nice creamy sauce. It's a favourite in our house.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.