Quorn Vegetarian Mince Mediterranean Lentils Burger
Level up your burger night with this fun recipe that the whole family can get involved with! This Quorn Vegetarian Mince and lentils burger is packed full of tasty Mediterranean flavours, and ready in under 20 minutes and only 172 calories!
Our vegetarian burgers are the perfect mealtime crowd-pleaser! Enjoy your favourite meat-free alternatives with Quorn.
- Vegan & Vegetarian BBQ Recipes
- Mediterranean Food Recipes
- Vegetarian Mince Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
5 g fat
- 200g Quorn Mince (defrosted if using frozen)
- 1 tbsp of oil
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ red pepper, finely diced
- ½ yellow pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 125g cooked puy lentils
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 8-10 basil leaves, finely shredded
- Season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion and peppers for 3-4 minutes, now add the garlic and smoked paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Place the onions and peppers into a bowl and combine the Quorn Mince, red pesto, puy lentils, breadcrumbs, egg, basil and seasoning, mix gently until all the ingredients are combined
- Divide the mixture in to 6- 8 equal amounts and form into a burger shape
- Place onto a lightly greased baking tray and cook for 10-12 minutes. Serve in a bun of your choice with fresh green salad
Did you know? Peppers are a great source of vitamin C and can add lots of colour to your plate! This recipe also works well with brown or red lentils.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Tried this recipe but did not use the egg for binding. Used oil,water and bicarb. Also replaced the pesto with tomatoe passata sauce instead and BBQ'd. They tasted great and very moist. My visitors loved them
Great recipe. My guests loved it. BBQ'd them.
Fantastic Burgers. Full of flavour and enjoyed by the whole family.
Really really lovely! And so easy to make... will definitely make again!
No idea what went wrong but there’s no way this would make burgers so I just spread it on a tray, hoping it could be cut into square burgers once it was cooked. Nope! We ate spoonfuls instead. The taste was 'ok' and it went well with a fresh salad but I definitely won’t be trying this recipe again. I don’t have an issue with the mince - as a vegetarian (occasional vegan) for 31 years, Quorn products are a staple for me. Love them!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.