Vegetarian Bulgogi Noodles with Quorn Steak Strips
A taste of Seoul in a noodle bowl! Inspired by the flavours of Korean BBQ, our Bulgogi Noodles are a tasty way to spice up your weekly meal plan. With Quorn Steak Strips marinated in a gochujang-laced sauce, our Bulgogi Noodle recipe makes a meat-free dinner that's packed with flavour. Serve them with homemade quick pickles for a fresh side!
11.6 g of fat
- For the Bulgogi steak strips:
- 300g Quorn Steak Strips
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tabsp gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, cut into inch-sized pieces
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- For the quick pickles:
- 150g radish, halved
- 1 carrot, julienned
- Half a cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- To serve:
- 600g straight to wok udon noodles
- Spring onion, finely sliced
- For the quick pickles: stir the sugar into rice vinegar until dissolved. Add your vegetables and set aside.
- Mix the ginger, garlic, soy, gochujang and honey. Add the Quorn Steak Strips. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok on a high heat with 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Add the marinated steak strips, reserving the rest of the marinade liquid. Fry for a few minutes, until starting to caramelize, then transfer to a plate. Clean your wok out carefully.
- Return your clean wok to the heat, and add another tbsp of sesame oil. Add the mushrooms and fry on a high heat until starting to colour. Add the spring onion and cook until starting to brown.
- Add the udon noodles and quickly stir to combine, before adding in the steak strips and the reserved marinade.
- Sprinkle over finely chopped spring onion, and serve with a side of crunchy quick pickles.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.