Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips & Mushroom Stroganoff
A meat-free update to the classic! Swap in Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips and add mushrooms for a delicious vegetarian stroganoff. With a flavourful sauce, our vegetarian stroganoff is sure to become a family favourite!
12.5 g protein
- 300g Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 230g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 200g reduced fat creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (plus leaves for garnish)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat half of the oil and cook the Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips for 4 minutes, remove and set aside
- Add the remaining oil and cook the onions for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, mushrooms, tomato puree, paprika, mustard and brandy, cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the stock and simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir in the creme fraiche, Quorn Vegetarian Steak Strips, thyme and season to taste. Bubble for 3-4 minutes stirring continuously. Garnish with thyme leaves and serve with wild and white rice and freshly steamed vegetables
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
I have been vegetarian for 18 months now and I love using Quorn products. The recipes are easy to follow, quick to do with not too many ingredients. Tried this recipe tonight and it was really tasty, quick to do and full of flavour. A definite do again.
QUORN products are all lush. Plenty of recipes to follow on site. Teresa = SWANSEA
I’ve been cooking this recipe for a while now. It’s a firm favourite with all the family and delicious every time. I serve it with fresh veg.
This was so tasty!
Skipped the brandy but really enjoyed this recipe. Will definitely be making again.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.