Vegetarian Lentil Soup with Quorn Pieces
Hearty, warming and brimming with veg, this wholesome Vegetarian Lentil Soup recipe is filled with tasty Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces and fresh spring greens.
Dunk some crusty wholemeal bread into this delicious soup for a totally satisfying meal that’s like a cuddle in a bowl. The perfect winter warmer!
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Soup Recipes
- Vegetarian Autumn Recipes
7.6 g fat
- 300g Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces
- 200g dried red split lentils (rinsed)
- 1 brown onion
- 2 large celery sticks
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 2 dried Bay leaves
- 1 10g vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 1.75 litres of boiled water
- 170g spring greens
- Peel your onion, carrots and garlic and wash and trim your leek and celery sticks, then finely chop all the veggies.
- Put the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the chopped vegetables. Cook slowly on a medium heat until the vegetables have softened and become sticky – this will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the thyme, bay leaves, smoked paprika and lentils then your vegetable stock. Bring to the boil for 10 minutes then simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils have softened but still have a bit of bite.
- Add your Quorn Pieces and cook for another 10 minutes or so until they are piping hot throughout.
- Wash your spring greens and strip the leaves from the stalks then chop finely and add to the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then serve your soup with some wholemeal crusty bread.
You can substitute the spring greens with any of your favourite leafy greens – cabbage, spinach, kale etc.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.