- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 100g mixed mushroom , finely diced
- 200ml dry white wine
- 100ml cream
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 300ml hot water
- 1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Ingredients for the Pastry:
- 200g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
- 75g butter
- 50g grated Cheddar
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- To make the pastry, sieve the flour, xanthan and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter to make breadcrumbs then stir in the cheddar. Mix in the cold water gradually and form a dough. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes
- Preheat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the onions for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until the liquid has evaporated. Add the cream and stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Add the corn flour and water and stir until thickened. Stir in the Quorn Pieces, black pepper and thyme. Pour into a pie dish
- Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to ½ cm thickness and gently cover the pie filling. Prick a few holes in the pastry and brush with the egg yolk
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Simple to make and really tasty flavours. I would probably use a more quality wine and a bit less thyme when making again. A great way to use quorn pieces ..delicious :-))
Absolutely delicious. Probably one of the nicest pies I've ever had and I'm a meat eater.
Hubby and I love this pie, so tasty! However, I do cheat a bit by using ready rolled puff pastry as a pie top. Also, I use dried thyme as it's cheaper and more convenient. Having it again tonight!
Easy to make and a definite favourite, very tasty. I added chopped carrots and peas to mine.
Bit too much wine for my taste but the rest was pretty good. Family enjoyed it!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review