Quorn Breaded Fishless Pie
Explore this vegan fish pie recipe using Quorn Fishless Fingers. A comforting family meal that's topped with creamy mashed potatoes that the whole family will love! Use peas from the freezer and those last few carrots and potatoes; enjoy a comforting classic as well as reducing food waste.
- 8 Quorn Vegan Fishless Fingers
- 850g potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 500ml non-dairy milk (+ dash for mashed potatoes)
- 25g vegan butter (+ knob for mashed potatoes)
- 50g cornflour
- 100g frozen peas
- Zest of a lemon
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel your potatoes and quarter. Meanwhile, bring two pans of salted water to the boil and, when boiling, add the potatoes into one, and carrots in the other and simmer.
- Cook the Quorn Vegan Fishless Fingers in the oven for 15 minutes. When ready, remove from the oven.
- After around 20 minutes check the potatoes and carrots are cooked with a fork. Drain the potatoes and leave in the colander to steam for a couple of minutes. Return to the pan with a dash of milk and a knob of butter. Drain the carrots and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes up until smooth and creamy adding more milk if needed.
- Next make the white sauce. First add approximately 2tbsp of milk to a bowl with the cornflour and mix into a runny paste. Set aside.
- Add remaining milk to a saucepan on low to medium heat.
- Next add the butter, salt and pepper. Stir with handheld whisk to melt butter and as it comes towards a boil, add in your cornflour and milk paste that you set aside. Whisk constantly to form a smooth sauce.
- Once boiling, cook for a minute or two, continually stirring, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir in the peas, lemon zest and chopped parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Cut the Quorn Vegan Fishless Fingers into chunks and add to a large oven dish. Pour over the white sauce and mix together. Top with your mashed potato and fluff up with a fork. As an optional extra add a few small knobs of butter to make the potatoes go crispy when baked in the oven.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until nice and browned.
Recipe by Madeleine Olivia
Zero Waste Tip: keep your potted parsley alive by dividing up into smaller pots and growing them on!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.