LFC Red Recipe - Fajitas with Quorn Pieces
Flavoursome Fajita Wraps created with Quorn Pieces for a tasty Fajita mix with a spicy kick! Mona chose Fajitas for her Red Recipe and has given it a Greek twist in honour of Kostas Tsimikas. Using Quorn Pieces to create the fiery Fajita mix which Kostas would be happy to serve up to his family & friends, Mona has created a tasty dish that’s not only deliciously spicy, but packed with protein and fibre to aid elite performance too!
16 g of fat
- 200g Quorn Pieces, defrosted
- 1 x 15ml spoon vegetable oil
- 2 x 5ml spoons smoked paprika
- 1 x 5ml spoon ground cumin
- 1 x 5ml spoon ground coriander
- ½ x 5ml spoon chilli powder
- ½ red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 150g mushrooms, button or chestnut
- 1 x 15ml spoon vegetable oil
- 200g tinned kidney beans or black eyed beans
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 400g tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 red chilli
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 lime
- 4 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 30g reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 100ml 0% Greek yoghurt
For the marinade
- Place the defrosted Quorn Pieces in a bowl and add the oil and all the spices. Stir well so that all the Quorn pieces are coated in the oil and spice mixture.
For the fajitas
- Peel and thinly slice the red onion. Place vegetables onto a plate as you chop them.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds then thinly slice.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Wipe the mushrooms with damp kitchen paper and roughly slice.
- Drain the beans in a colander.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the Quorn Pieces. Fry, for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the onion and peppers to the pan and continue to cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and spinach and fry for another 2 – 3 minutes or until all the vegetables have softened and the spinach has wilted.
- Lastly, add the beans and cook for another minute to heat through.
For the salsa
- Cut the tomatoes into 1cm squares and place into a mixing bowl.
- Peel and finely dice the red onion, add to the mixing bowl.
- Cut the chilli in half, remove the seeds then finely chop and add to the bowl.
- Wash the coriander, remove the stalks and chop the leaves.
- Zest and juice the lime and add to the bowl. Stir well to combine all the salsa ingredients. Add seasoning if required.
- Place a wrap onto a chopping board, fill with a quarter of the fajita mixture and top with a quarter of the grated cheese.
- Tuck in the sides of the wrap by about 2cm each side and roll up tightly from the bottom, keeping the sides tucked in. Cut each wrap in half on the diagonal to expose the filling.
- Repeat with the other 3 wraps.
- Alternatively leave the wraps open to let everyone help themselves to the fillings.
- Place the Greek yoghurt and salsa into serving bowls for everyone to help themselves.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review