Peri Peri Chicken-Style Taquitos by Romy London
Vegan BBQ like a pro with these Peri Peri Chicken-Style Taquitos with homemade tortillas. Our Makes Amazing Peri Peri Strips pack a punch and are a great addition to your next meat-free barbie!
Recipe by Romy London
A Little Effort
- 1 pack Quorn Makes Amazing Peri Peri Strips
- 8 slices of vegan cheeze (cheddar style)
- 3-4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 60g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- For the homemade tortilla:
- 220g all-purpose flour (plain) + 2 tbsp for "glue"
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml lukewarm water
- For the glaze:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
For the homemade tortilla:
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, create a well and add the olive oil and lukewarm water and combine well until you can form the dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 2 minutes until you get a dense and smooth surface. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Once rested, divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll each ball into a thin round tortilla of roughly 1mm thickness.
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat, place each tortilla into the hot skillet and cook on each side for around 30-60 seconds, until small bubbles form on the top of the tortilla and it can slide around the skillet freely without sticking.
- Repeat until all 8 tortillas are cooked.
For the taquitos
- Heat your BBQ or grill.
- Along the centre of each tortilla, layer with the vegan cheez, followed by Quorn Makes Amazing Peri Peri Strips, a drizzle of BBQ sauce and 1-2 tsp on sweetcorn.
- Gently roll the taquito and seal using a "glue" made by combining a little flour with water until a sticky paste is formed. Brush around 1/2 tsp of "glue" onto each end of the tortilla to seal it.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and brush all taquitos with it.
- Transfer the taquitos to the BBQ and grill for around 5-6 minutes in each side, turning regularly to prevent burning, until golden and lightly caramelised all around. Serve hot from the grill and enjoy!
Recipe by Romy London
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review