- 8 Quorn Vegan Fishless Fingers, defrosted
- 8 tablespoons kombu seaweed flakes (or other seaweed variety)
- 1 400g tin plum tomatoes
- 1 scotch bonnet chilli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 thumb fresh ginger
- 200ml water
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Split each defrosted Quorn Fishless Finger partway through (don't cut all the way down) and gently fan out to make a flat fillet, breaded side facing down. Sprinkle the top of each fillet with kombu seaweed flakes and gently press down with your fingers. Place each fillet on a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until crispy.
- Place the tomatoes, scotch bonnet chilli, red bell pepper and fresh ginger in a blender or food processor with 200ml of water and blend until very smooth.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large cooking pot and sauté 3/4 of the sliced red onions for 2 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add the stew blend to the pot and season with a tablespoon of kombu seaweed, vegetable stock cube and salt to taste. Cover and cook on medium-high heat for 6 minutes.
- Carefully submerge the crispy fishless fillets in the stew and switch off the heat. Garnish with the rest of the sliced red onions.
- Serve hot with a side or two of your choice, such as boiled rice and peas.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.