- 1 pack Quorn Best of British Sausages
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 lb dried porcini mushroom (or fresh, if available)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- ¼ cup grated vegetarian parmesan cheese
- 1tsp of butter
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in 1/2 boiling water as needed.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, then add the rosemary and sauté for 1 minute. Remove the porcini mushrooms from their liquid (reserving the water) and roughly chop, then add to the saucepan.
- Add the stock to the saucepan and allow to evaporate slightly, then add the tomato puree and porcini liquid. Simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- In a separate frying pan, cook the Quorn Best of British Sausages according the pack instructions. Add to the tomato and porcini sauce.
- Meanwhile, to make the polenta, pour the boiling water over the polenta and stir gently with a wooden spoon until it is soft. Season, then add the butter and cheese and stir.
- Serve the Quorn Best of British Sausages on a bed of polenta.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.